When you are looking to change up your garage doors, the professional team at Neighborhood Garage Door Repair can help. We are an experienced garage door company who can answer any of your questions. We can help you with advice on new doors or repair your doors.
Types of Garage Doors
When you’re choosing a style of garage door, of course, the main thing you want to consider is the size. You have to make sure the door you’re looking into comes in the size of your garage. Then you can decide on what style works best for you along with a color to contrast to the color of your home.
Some styles of doors you may consider include:
- Traditional raised-panel garage doors
- Carriage house garage doors
- Contemporary garage doors
Choosing the right style of door is a decision that may depend on the type of garage you already have. We can help answer those questions if you need us to.
Garage Door Mechanisms
Garage doors can also have different mechanisms and make a difference in how the garage doors open and close. Something else to consider when choosing the mechanism for the garage door is the security, maintenance, and insulation for the door. You always want to choose a mechanism that works best for your door.
Here are some popular mechanism types:
- Up and about canopy – the most popular mechanism
- Folding up and about – made usable by remote
- Folding plus an upgrade option – uses retractable gear except using arms that lift on the side
- Side-hinged – glass reinforced and useful for all types of doors
- Roller shutter – used for both manual and automated types of doors
- Sectional trackless door – uses a balance weight system without inside tracks
- Round the curve doors with siding – able to be used when there are two different entrances into the garage
Make sure you are choosing the best mechanism that suits the way your particular door is made.
Materials for Garage Doors
When it comes to materials for garage doors, there is a variety and each has their own function. Some people choose the material based solely on the fashion of it. Others choose based on the durability and the energy efficiency.
Here are some different materials to choose from and also some functions:
- Steel – offers a wide fashion range while also offering levels of durability; this tends to be the most popular style of door
- Natural wood – uses a variety of species of wood while offering a warm, natural feel
- Aluminum and glass – longer lasting as they aren’t susceptible to rust; versatile and lightweight
You’re sure to find a material of garage door that will work perfectly for your specifications. You can learn more and more about the varieties and choose what will work best for you.
Let Us Help You Choose the Right Door
Our team at Neighborhood Garage Door Repair is available to help you choose the right garage door. We have the knowledge and the experience to offer advice on the type of door that will work for your garage. Give us a call today and we will get started.