Performing upkeep on a garage door to keep it working properly.
A company that produces goods for sale.
When keyed cylinder locks can be locked or unlocked using one “Master” key.
When one “Master” key can be used to lock or unlock multiple cylinder locks, despite having different keyed cylinders.
The top or bottom horizontal rail that attaches to a seal that is weatherproofed.
The exterior of a metal.
The record of a particular metal’s composition.
When objects move close or away from the door, this device recognizes the motion and signals for the door to operate accordingly, by opening or closing.
Information provided on a particular metal from the mill that produced it. The document states what the metal is made of, as well as, heat and structure of that metal.
This is a smaller, keychain version of the 3-button remote control. It can control three different doors, indoor lights and appliances, and opener lights.
Space required vertically above the opening of the door and below the lowest object on the ceiling that will allow the door to work properly.
A measurement performed horizontally from the sides of the opening of the door to the nearest object.
This acronym stands for Maximum Inch-Pounds. This relates to the amount of torque that is necessary on a shaft to lift a door of a certain weight. It can also be used to describe the torque capacity of a given wire size to perform at a particular cycle level.
The proportioning of building components to ensure they will come together correctly when installed.
This monitored system works to provides protection against entrapment, particularly for commercial operations.
A mechanism that will turn on the garage door opener lights once motion is detected.
An appliance that is attached to a wall and aids spring shaft bearings, chain hoists, spring supports, and mountings for users. It is typically flush and made of steel or wood.
A post that allows for two or more doors to be used within one opening. It has a center made of aluminum that can be moved once the doors are lifted.
A panel located within the garage that controls opening and closing the garage door, turning opener lights on and off, and contains an adjustable light timer.
* Mullion- Garage Door/Window
* Garage Door- A post that is vertical and is used to brace or support a door.
* Window- Part of the framing that separates window units.
A bar that provides support and divides glass panes on a door or sash.
A munton that has a fake, separated lite.
A control panel that, when pushed, will open the door fully and implement a “Timer-to-Close” function. This panel is useful in timely or emergency situations.
A vertical proponent of a section within the garage door that provides support.
* For Smartphone- This device allows one to open, close, and oversee a garage door from anywhere using a smartphone. It also alerts when the garage door has been left open.
* Home Bridge- By using an app or Siri, this device allows Apple users to monitor their garage door, open and close it, and turn compatible lights on or off. It can be accessed through an Apple Watch, iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch.
* Remote LED Light- This LED light provides additional lighting to any area of a garage. It must be plugged into an outlet to work and is compatible with the MyQ app.
* Technology- Technology that allows one to connect through wifi on a laptop, tablet, or smartphone and control his or her garage door. Homeowners can open or close the garage door, or check on it. It also connects and controls smart devices in the home, like lights.