The team at Neighborhood Garage Door Repairs understands that a big part of owning a garage door is the convenience that it offers in protecting your garage. The information below will help you to maximize that convenience by explaining how to program your garage door opener remote control device. For additional help, please call us to request assistance or to schedule a service call to program your garage door opener remote for you.
How to Program LiftMaster/Chamberlain/Sears Remotes
To program 971LM and 973LM, 371LM and 373LM Security Plus Transmitters:
- Press and release the “Smart” button on your garage door opener motor unit. The indicator light will then glow steadily for 30 seconds. The 971LM and 973LM remote controls each have a corresponding square red or amber “Learn” button. The 371LM and 373LM “Learn” buttons are square and purple. These “Learn” buttons are found on the motor head, nearby the terminal strip for wire connections.
- Press and hold the button on the handheld remote within those 30 seconds.
- Release the button when the motor unit light begins to blink. This indicates that it has learned the code and is ready to work. If no light bulbs are installed, two clicks will be heard instead.
How to Program Sears Craftsman and LiftMaster Wireless Pads
To program 66LM, 377LM, and 976 LM wireless keyless entry systems:
- Start by pressing the “Smart” button on your garage door opener motor unit. The indicator light will glow steadily for 30 seconds.
- Next, enter a 4 digit personal identification number (or PIN) of your choice on the keypad within 30 seconds. Press and hold the Enter button.
- When the garage door motor unit light blinks, release the button. This indicates that it has learned the code and is ready to work. If no light bulbs are installed, you will hear two clicks instead.
How to Program Genie Remotes
To program a Genie Intellicode Remote Transmitter:
- Push the “Receiver Learn Code” button located on the powerhead receiver of your garage door operator. It is a small, black, unmarked button found behind the light lens on the motor head, near the floppy 6-inch antenna protruding from the motor head. Once pressed, the radio signal light will blink red for 30 seconds.
- Next, after pressing the Learn Code button, press the button on your transmitter 3 times for your system to learn the frequency and code it in. Please keep the transmitter that you want to use at least 2 feet away from the powerhead during this process.
- Finally, press the transmitter button once to test the system.
Call Us to Program Your Remote
The team at Neighborhood Garage Door Repairs is here to help you with your garage door remote programming needs. Whether it’s the Genie wireless Intellicode keyless entry pad or a universal home remote with Homelink, we’re the right people to assist you or set it up for you. Give us a call today to learn more!