Has your garage door opener stopped working? If so, you will need to replace the entire unit to get your door working again. How long will it take to put in a garage door opener? The team here at Garage Door Repair Services of Tampa knows exactly how to make this repair.
How Long Will it Take to Replace The Opener
How long should you plan for our team to be there to make the installation? Generally speaking, it will take us anywhere from 4 to 6 hours to make the repair. However, the job might take longer if we run into problems with the distance of the outlet from the cord.
How We Estimate The Time
To start off with, we must determine if we are replacing the old model with one that is similar, or installing a new system altogether. It will not take our team as long to install a similar opener because we should be able to use the existing supports.
If our techs are installing a different type of opener for you, they will need to remove the old brackets and install new ones. This will add time to the job.
How We Install a New Opener
While every model has its own set of instructions, there are some basic steps we take to install a new model. These steps are:
- Put the rails together- the rails are what holds the opener in place. Generally, the rails are broken into 5-6 pieces for shipping purposes.
- Attach the rail to the motor.
- Put the chain on the trolley- the chain of your open works like a bike chain, but it isn’t installed the same way. There is a cable that competes the chain loop that must be put together the right way.
- Install the supports.
- Put the opener on the supports.
- Install the arm and the door bracket.
- Wire the safety sensors and door button.
- Sync the opener to the remote.
- Test the door after installation.
These are the basic steps to get the new opener in place.
What We Do After Installation
Once we have the new equipment installed, our technician will check to see if the door is balanced. Anytime a repair is made to the system, it can cause the door to get off balance. When malalignments happen, the door can become damaged from general use.
We Give an Honest Quote
When our technician comes out to your home, they will evaluate your opener. After they use the principles we have outlined, they will give you an honest quote for the job. The quote will be based off of how long they think it will take to do the work plus the part.
Call Us Today For a New Opener
If you need to have an opener installed, call the team here at Garage Door Repair Services of Tampa. We will get one of our techs out to you ASAP. We know how important it is to be able to use your door. Call now so we can make the repair. We look forward to hearing from you!