Garage doors are an important part of your home that you use daily. There are many accessories that you can install to your garage door that add extra convenience. One of those being a wireless keyless entry. Over time you will need to know how to change the battery in a wireless keyless entry.
What Is Wireless Keyless Entry?
Wireless Keyless Entry is a system you can have installed on the outside of your garage door. This system is a small keypad that allows you to program a personal code so you and your family can access your home without the hassle of a key or garage door opener.
By having a wireless keyless entry system you add convenience to your life. You no longer have to worry if you misplace your keys or garage door opener. It is also convenient to add a temporary code so that a delivery man or a neighbor may access your garage if you need them to.
When To Change The Battery
Over time your garage door wireless keyless entry keypad battery will weaken. You may notice the lights on the keypad are dim or not light up at all when the number keys are pressed. Or you may notice that your garage door does not open or close when using the keypad. If that is the case it is time to change the battery.
The battery in your wireless keyless entry keypad should last for about one year depending on how much usage it gets. A quick tip for when you are changing the battery always make sure you have another way to get into your home in case a problem occurs.
How To Change The Battery
It is a simple task to change the battery in your wireless keyless entry keypad. Here are the 5 easy steps you should do to get this taken care of.
- Step 1- Open the cover of the wireless keyless entry keypad.
- Step 2- Locate the battery compartment cover on the lower part of the keypad directly under the number keys and remove it. Some will slide off downwards towards the floor. Others you will need to use a small screwdriver to push up on a small hole located at the bottom of the keypad and pull the battery compartment cover towards you.
- Step 3- Disconnect the old battery and dispose of it properly.
- Step 4- Install a new 9-volt battery and seat the battery back into the battery compartment.
- Step 5- Replace the battery compartment cover of the keypad.
After you have followed these steps, enter your personal code into the keypad and press enter. This will test your wireless keyless entry system to make sure that it is functioning correctly.
We Are Here To Help
If you are still having problems with your wireless keyless entry, it may be time to call us. Our trained technicians at Garage Door Repair Services of Greensboro will be happy to get your system up and working properly. Call us today and we will be there for you.