For all your questions regarding your garage door, call Neighborhood Garage Door Repair. We can send technicians to you for any issue you are having with your garage door. We can also help you with questions that may help you resolve some of the issues yourself.
Conveniences We Love
Garage door remotes are something that is a convenience to us but also a luxury we tend to get used to. Once we have this convenience, we surely don’t want to go without it. Many of the newer makes of vehicles have this convenience built-in.
Syncing Your Garage Door Remote
As always, refer to your car’s owner’s manual to make sure there is nothing that would hinder the connection with the remote. Here are simple instructions for getting your remote to connect with your opener:
- Place a ladder close to the opener so you can get a better reach. Then, position your car so that it is also close to the opener.
- Look for the “learn” button located on the remote. This may or may not be labeled, but will most likely be a square, colored button.
- Press and quickly release the “learn” button. Be sure not to hold the button down for any significant amount of time. This can make the remote forget all the stored information on most major brands. Make sure it is just a quick press and release.
- For this step, it is easier to have a partner to help if you can. Quickly, if possible, after the “learn” button is pressed, hold down the remote button inside the car. Is many vehicle models, this is located on the ceiling near the dashboard lights. Most of the time, this step will connect the remote to the opener in just a few seconds. You will know the connection is complete when there is a flashing light or the vehicle’s audio queue.
- Test the remote to make sure everything works the way it should.
These simple steps should work for most major garage door brands. Be sure to check with the owner’s manual to make sure your brand is compatible.
Solutions That Last
Having regular maintenance appointments will help your garage door last longer. A technician can walk through each of the garage door parts to make sure it is all working as it should. They can check the connections of the remote to the opener as well.
You can also inspect your garage door and its parts periodically. This will extend the life of your garage door as well as give you the know-how when it comes to the technology. This way, your door should last you many years to come, maybe even decades.
We Are Here To Help
Neighborhood Garage Door Repair is here to help you with any questions you have. Whether you need a repair, installation, or just helpful information about syncing your remote, you can call us. We can have a technician to you as soon as possible so give us a call.