Neighborhood Garage Door Services of Denver, Colorado has some suggestions when it comes to re-wiring your garage. Electrical wiring can be very dangerous, and therefore, we suggest you contract a professional to handle the job. However, we have some things for you to consider when deciding on whether you should do it yourself or not.
How to Know Your Garage Needs Re-Wiring
There are a few ways that you can know it is time to re-wire your garage and whole house if need be. These reasons can include:
- Circuit breakers trip often- if your circuit breakers are prone to tripping often, it can be a sign that faulty wiring is the cause.
- The age of your house- for those that live in a house that is over 50 years old, it is a good sign that you need to change your wiring. The electrical systems from that time period can cause house fires.
- The house has aluminium wiring- between the years of 1965-1973, many homes were built with aluminium wiring.
- Discolored outlets- if you notice discoloration around the outlets, it is an indication that the wiring it too hot.
- Burnt smell- a burning smell that is persistent is something to be worried about. If you can’t figure out the source of the burning, it is a good indication that you need to re-wire your garage.
These are some of the things you should watch out for to indicate whether or not you need to have your garage re-wired.
Why Should You Use a Professional For Your Garage Re-wiring
When it comes to this type of repair, it is best to use a professional for the safety factors. If you do not know exactly what you are doing, it can cause greater problems to your home. Not only that, working with electricity without proper knowledge can be detrimental to your health.
A professional should be licensed and bonded in order to safeguard yourself. Neighborhood Garage Door Services of Denver always suggests you go with a well known contractor for these types of jobs.
Can a Garage Door Technician Work With Electrical Wiring?
Our technicians take care of everything that has to do with your garage door system. If there is an instance where there are electrical concerns, we will share with you that a professional electrician needs to be called out. We are able to take care of the installation of the motor, but if a plug needs to be installed, an electrician is necessary.
You can trust that we will give you a fair valuation of the work that needs to be done. Our certified technicians are highly skilled and trained on all things garage door.
Contact Us Today
If you are not sure if you are in need of a professional electrician, you can Neighborhood Garage Door Services of Denver, CO. We will send our technicians out to determine if the problem with your garage door opener is a wiring problem or something else. They have the ability to evaluate the situation.
We look forward to working with you.