Neighborhood Garage Door Services of Austin, Texas provides the community with top notch service for all of our customer’s garage door needs. We replace, install and repair garage doors. Further, we often answer questions when asked how to handle situations that occasionally come up with our customer’s garage doors.
Many of our customers have shared that they would love to utilize their garage space more efficiently and strategically. They want to free up space and even see the floor again. We understand the need to see less clutter in the garage. For anyone needing more space, this info is for you today.
Often, as busy people, we get so focused on the task at hand and forget to take our time. We stuff, cram and push things into our garage to free up room in our home rather than organizing it and using the space to its fullest.
Most garages have everything from seasonal decorations, camping gear, boxes of clothes, tools and toys just cluttering up about every surface area. Many of our customers build shelves onto the walls and add stacking shelves to the corner of their garage to help with additional storage.
Neighborhood Garage Door Services of Austin, Texas wants to encourage you with the option to store upward too. In other words, you could try to create and use space in the overhead area of your garage. There are many benefits to this process. You can try these easy tips to gain more garage storage for your home.
What to Store Overhead
If you use overhead storage, only store items there that you won’t need to use on a regular basis. You could potentially drive yourself crazy if you constantly drag items down for everyday use.
Store personal items like:
- Christmas decorations
- Yard toys used during the summer
- Camping gear
- Boxes of keepsakes
Advantages of Overhead Storage
If you want more storage, than overhead compartments will enable you to truly expand the amount of space you have to work with.
A few advantages include:
- Extra floor space
- You’ll most likely purge and declutter before you store unwanted items overhead
- Your garage will be more clean and neat
Overhead Garage Door Options
The goal to maximize your garage space is worth your time and there are quite a few options to pull this off. There are both DIY options and items that you can buy for your space.
Options that you can buy and even try on your own include:
- Bike lifts are great to hang about anything in your garage. Get creative and think outside just your bicycles.
- Adjustable ceiling racks will hold large boxes or tubs of stored items.
- If you want a heavy duty option, then consider an overhead garage storage unit. Some of these can even hold up to 500 pounds, making them a great option for larger items.
- In order to try a DIY approach for your overhead garage space, buy hooks, racks and hangers that will hold the things up safely. Be sure you opt for sturdy equipment in order to secure your items overhead.
Neighborhood Garage Door Services of Austin, Texas wants to be your one call for any garage door question or need. We are here to serve the Austin area and beyond. Hopefully, these ideas will enable you to enhance your overhead garage storage.
If you have any questions or want additional tips, please don’t hesitate to call us. We are available to serve our valued customers 24/7. Enjoy creating space, more storage options and call us if you need help along the way.