Technology is rapidly changing all the time. Your Neighborhood Garage Door team likes to keep you informed and up to date on what’s new and available. For your safety and security, an access control system for your garage is something you might want to consider.
What is an Access Control System?
This system uses today’s WIFI and cloud technology. It gives you control over who gets in and out of your garage or gate. The control system controls several devices. Transmitters, keypads, card readers, telephone systems and timers can tie into the system. The system combines flexibility, reliability, and high performance.
How Does an Access Control System Work?
An access control system uses an electronic lock to control entry into an area, such as your garage. The locking device can be on the inside or outside of the garage. To enter the garage the person must either swipe a card or enter a code.
What are the Advantages of Having an Access Control System?
There are several reasons to consider getting this system. Consider these reasons such as:
- Increased security and safety.
- If you can’t find your remote opener or key a keypad also makes it easy for you to access your garage.
- They use WIFI and cloud technology. When WIFI is down, the system will use the local memory system.
- You’ll know who is entering and leaving your garage. You are alerted to all activity through the app on your smartphone. If a suspended code or an active code is overused you’ll receive an alert.
- Only the right people can access your garage. If there is a problem there is an audit trail that makes it is easy to find out who entered the garage last.
- Fingerprint technology is available. Only people whose fingerprints have been entered into the system will be able to unlock the door.
- Keypads can create up to 16 million code combinations and can store up to 100 combinations
- Some systems can automatically lock and unlock the garage at specific times. You’ll never have to worry whether the garage is locked after bedtime.
- Access control systems can be used with video and alarm systems. You can see what is going on in your garage. If an alarm is triggered you can see what is happening in real-time.
A simple access control system such as a transmitter or keypad enables you to safely and conveniently use your garage. Garages that use locks, keys, or outdated remote controls are easily assessed by thieves. Once a thief gains access to your garage it is easy for them to get into your home.
Call Us for More Information
As you can see there are quite a few advantages to having an access control system on your garage. We are always concerned about the safety and security of our customers. Would like to know more about access control systems? Give one of our Neighborhood Garage Door Repair team members a call. We’d love to hear from you.