If you plan on trying to sell your home or maybe just wanting to add some more more value to your home, a little bit can go a long way. The exterior of your home is the first thing that people see on your home, it says a lot about you at first sight even from a distance. Garage Door Services of Dallas, Texas wants to give you some tips on how to boost your homes curb appeal.
6 Ways To Boost Curb Appeal
- Clean – Instead of getting a fresh new paint job or new siding on your home then try just giving it a low-pressure house washing and then try pressure washing your driveway and sidewalks. Also try cleaning your windows really well inside and out so that they sparkle and pop!
- Level – Over the years older structures have a tendency to become uneven which brings up big safety and water flow concerns. You will want to play close attention to pathways such as driveways, walkways, steps and even porches. You should repair these problem areas before the issues become a serious problem that can become very costly to fix later on.
- Trim – Make sure that grass, flowers, and garden are trimmed up and made to look neat and presentable. Be sure to trim away any sagging tree limbs that may be blocking your homes view or that may be interfering with any natural light that may be trying to come into the home. Make sure to clean up any dead leaves in the fall and spread out fresh new mulch through the garden and flower beds.
- Color – If your homes exterior seems to require more than just a good power washing then new paint, siding or some new trim could do just the trick to help freshen the place up. You will want to try to choose a paint, siding or trim color that compliments your home well. Once that is done then some routine maintenance will help to guarantee that your new exterior stays looking good for quite some time.
- Doors – Another good way to update and add value to your curb appeal is by updating your garage door and front entryway doors. By replacing the garage door that can easily increase the value of your home by 4%. A new front entryway door can help make a home very inviting to guests as well as to potential buyers.
- Details – Adding new hardware or some decorative windows to your garage door will help to create a custom look and is a cost effective way to update your garage door without breaking the bank. Most of the time in order to add some windows to the door for a bright and fresh new look, only the top section of the door will need to be replaced.
How Curb Appeal Can Help Your Home
Curb appeal is very important when selling your home or even for just getting an appraisal done, when a potential buyer walks up they don’t want to see dead trees and a falling apart overhead door. Your garage door takes up a vast majority of the exterior of your home and is usually one of the first things that catches the eye. So Neighborhood Garage Door Services of Dallas, Texas wants to give you the tips and tricks that you will need to help you get the curb appeal that you desire without draining your pockets.