Your garage door is a heavy piece of equipment which requires certain measures to keep your family safe. When the technicians here at Neighborhood Garage Door Repair of Dayton come out for a safety inspection on your garage door, they will make sure these warning labels are up to date. It is important that you are aware of the dangers of your equipment.
Where Should Garage Door Warning Labels Appear?
There are several places that the Door & Access Systems Manufacturers Association International (DASMA) has mandated labels be placed. You should have these labels:
Garage Door Safety Label
This label gives you the information you need to stay safe when operating the door. It is placed on the back of the door at eye level so it is easy to read. It gives these instructions:
- Only professionals should make garage door repairs
- You should visually inspect your hardware and parts on a regular basis
- Don’t open the door if the spring is broken
- Test the safety features on your garage door every month
- Do not walk under a moving door or stand near it when it is in operation.
- Never let young children operate the door
- Do not remove the label
- A moving door can lead to death or serious injury
Bottom Bracket Safety Label
This warning information should be on the bottom bracket of your door. It should give you these warnings:
- Use caution because the bottom bracket is under extreme tension
- Don’t remove, repair, or adjust parts of the brackets that are attached to springs or cables
- Only have trained professionals make repairs
- Don’t remove the label or paint over it
- Replace the label if it gets damaged
Spring Safety Label
Garage door springs are very dangerous to homeowners. Since they are a part that is under tension, when the tension breaks, it can cause serious damage to you or your property. The label warns:
- Spring tension can lead to death or serious injury
- Don’t repair parts, remove, or adjust them if they are attached to the spring; this includes wood blocks, red-colored fasteners, steel brackets, and cables
- Only let a professional make repairs to these parts
- Replace the label if it is damaged or painted over
Use a Professional For Repairs
As you can see, the warning labels all state that using a professional for repairs is important to your safety. We recommend that you call us if something is broken or damaged. Our trained technicians will make the repair for you right away.
Call Today For a Safety Inspection
The team here at Neighborhood Garage Door Repair of Dayton has a team of professionals that are able to take care of you. Please call us now so we can send one of our technicians to your home to do a full safety inspection. As part of the inspection, they will add labels to your door where it has to go.
Call us now so we can get started on your project. We are happy to take care of you.