Here at Neighborhood Garage Door Service of Denver, CO has highly trained technicians that can help you determine when you need new equipment or when maintenance will fix the problem. Just like performing a tune-up on your car, your garage door also needs to be maintained for optimal performance.
How do you know when you need a new door or when you just need a tune-up? Here are a few things to keep in mind.
Do You Perform Regular Garage Door Maintenance?
Think back to the last time you did maintenance on your garage door. If you haven’t ever kept up on the maintenance, or it has been a while, then you should start there. It is amazing how a door can function when there is proper lubrication.
Have You Had a Professional Tune-up?
If you have been accustomed to handling all of the maintenance yourself, it is a good idea to hire a professional company to come in and perform the service. Trained technicians are able to make the proper evaluation of the situation to determine what needs to be tuned up.
In addition to lubricating your tracks, rollers, and hinges, they will also do other maintenance needs. Some of these services would include:
- Inspection of moving parts- as the door is opening and closing, the technician should inspect the parts. They will determine if the rollers and other mechanical parts are working properly.
- Lubrication- there are specific places that the lubrication needs to be squirted. Of course, it needs to go on the tracks, but it also needs to get inside of the rollers.
- Safety inspection- the tech will place an object under the garage door to test out the safety eye sensors. The sensors keep you and your family from harm. Should the door start closing while you are under it, the sensors should keep it from moving.
- Balance the tracks- over time the tracks can become unbalanced, which causes the door to have resistance when it opens and closes. When the tracks are aligned properly, it causes less stress to the motor, rollers, and cables.
After the technician performs the general maintenance, you might be surprised at how easily it opens and closes. Before you get a new garage door, consider having us come out and do some routine maintenance. If the door is still not functioning properly, our technicians can help you make a good decision about getting something new.
When to Purchase a New Garage Door
There are a few signs that it is time to purchase a new overhead garage door. This can include:
- Broken panels that are not repairable
- Damaged parts that are irreplaceable
- Rusted door panels
- Bent or crushed door
If there is significant damage to the door itself, you can expect it to be time to replace it. Sometimes, if only one panel is messed up, we can replace that section. Other times, if the damage is too great, it can make it impossible to repair it completely.
Here at Neighborhood Garage Door Service of Denver we’re able to assist you with basic maintenance as well as a new installation. Do not hesitate to contact us today so that we can get someone out to you at a time that is convenient to you. We look forward to serving you.