When it comes to increasing the value of your property, investing in remodeling is a wise decision. However, there are some guidelines you should follow, especially if you’re watching your budget. If you don’t have the time or finances to invest in a complete remodel, there are 3 areas you should focus on first.
Here are the remodeling ideas the team at Neighborhood Garage Door Repair suggests.
Upgrade Your Kitchen
Chances are your kitchen gets a lot of use each day. More and more people are spending time cooking in their kitchens. This remodel is one that will increase your home’s value. There is no need to start from scratch though. You can simply use your kitchen’s current blueprints to keep from breaking the bank.
In the planning stages, consider the upgrades you will make. Some major areas to consider include:
- Sink fixtures
A well thought out plan for your kitchen will ensure your priorities are addressed and you won’t overspend. You can also add neutral paint colors to create a clean, fresh appearance.
Spruce Up Your Curb
One of the best ways to get your home noticed is by sprucing up the outside. The outside of your property is the gateway to your home. There are a few ways you can accomplish this with just a few details.
- Painting – Painting the outside or even just your doors can draw some attention.
- Mailbox – Consider the current state of your mailbox. Making your mailbox beautiful adds a nice decoration to the outside. Add touches like an ornate post or a flower bed.
- Your address – Is your addressable to be read from the road? If not, consider stenciling your address on your mailbox or front door.
- Landscaping – This is more than just mowing your lawn. Think about planting some attractive bushes or small flower beds around your house.
These are just a few inexpensive ways that you can upgrade the outside of your home without doing extensive work.
Remodeling Projects Involving Your Garage Door
Giving your garage door a makeover is a great way to increase your property value. Your garage door takes up a good portion of your home’s exterior. It’s important to be sure your door is adding to your home’s style.
Here are a few ideas for upgrading your door regardless of the home’s current style.
- Add a splash of color – Painting your door a different color than your house will get your house some attention. If you don’t want a bold look, stay in the same color family but chose a different shade.
- Frames and Curves – Adding some details to your garage doors such as a curved frame or a slight arch, can transform your exterior from plain to sophisticated.
- Window and Panels – Depending on you the look you’re going for, you can upgrade your door with any variety of panels. Horizontal glass windows give your home a sleek and clean look while choosing aluminum panels to give an ornate and modern detail to the exterior.
Call Us to Upgrade Your Garage Door
If you’re interested in upgrading your garage door, call the team at Neighborhood Garage Door Repair. We can help you add any details you want and help increase your property value.